Point Carbon, the leading provider of news and analysis for the carbon and energy markets, is seeking freelance journalists to cover climate change policy developments in China, India, Italy, Japan and Latin America.
Freelancers must be based in the relevant timezones and must not be affiliated with any companies that participate in the world's carbon markets, directly or indirectly. Candidates are expected to keep track of carbon related developments in the region they cover, and to submit articles as news breaks. Point Carbon articles are written in a short, concise format adapted to the company's real-time news product.
Freelancers work independently, but are offered guidance by the editorial staff when necessary.
- Generate stories and chase news agenda
- Maintain and build on network of contacts
- Cover conferences and other events
- Ability to write clear and concise copy to a tight deadline
- Knowledge of climate change policy and the carbon market or previous
experience of energy reporting
- English language excellence (knowledge of other languages is a plus)
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
under the subject "Freelance Journalist."
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact
Andrew Allan (Senior Editor, London) + 44 770 941 8673.
Stian Reklev (Senior Editor, Oslo) +47 92 447 147
P.O. Box 7120 St.Olav
Tel: +47 22 40 49 78
Mob: +47 92 447 147
Fax: +47 22 40 53 41