Research and Media Network

Bringing people together to improve communication of research findings

Science journalism (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Masdar City story awarded - Vote!

Oliver Loefken won the Earth Journalism Award with his article about Masdar City, Abu Dhabi. Masdar City is a test-tube town designed to sp…

Started by Hanns-J. (Hajo) Neubert

0 Nov 28, 2009

Media and Balance in Covering Climate Change

Does climate change reporting require a different type of journalism? I am grappling with this question and I would like to solicit perspec…

Started by Marie Rarieya

3 Nov 1, 2009
Reply by Mark Cornish

Seal the Deal - Copenhagen in December 2009

Dear colleagues, As you may be aware, the United Nations has launched a climate change outreach campaign for 2009 called Seal the Deal!. I…

Started by mohamed Atani

0 Sep 9, 2009

IDRC–SciDev.Net Science Journalism Award 2009

SciDev.Net proudly announces its third IDRC–SciDev.Net Science Journalism Award and seeks applications from journalists in all developing c…

Started by Clair Grant-Salmon

0 Aug 14, 2009

Nature India

Nature India (www.nature.com/natureindia) is the Nature Publishing Group's one stop site highlighting the best in Indian science. It also…

Started by Subhra Priyadarshini

0 Aug 7, 2009

North Carolina Non-Profit to Conduct Educational Exchange Seminar with Iraqi Engineering Professors

The Michael Scott Mater Foundation will conduct an International Promotion of Sustainable Engineering Seminar (IPOSE) at Oregon Universitie…

Started by Michael Scott Mater Foundation

0 Jul 30, 2009

Tropical forests and the EU emissions trading scheme

Greetings R and M Network, Here in Poznan at the UNFCCC and there seems to be a consensus in the media that "green groups" don't want redu…

Started by Marshall Maher

1 Dec 26, 2008
Reply by Gustavo Faleiros

What should be the focus of science journalism-Running after the news or predicting the news?

This question arises in my mind from the very recent (yesterday) 6/11 tragedy of Bangladesh. Yesterday, more than 100 people were killed in…

Started by S.Jahangir Hasan Masum

1 Dec 16, 2008
Reply by parag dutta

Highway Africa --World's largest Conference of African journalists

A communal town in the outskirts of Port Elizabeth-South Africa, witnessed the arrival of seven hundred journalists across Africa to attend…

Started by Delphine G Ngehndab

3 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Rina Mukherji

Consultation on the Future of WFSJ

The World Federation of Science Journalists is currently holding a public consultation to help define it's activities and orientations for…

Started by Augustin Denis

0 May 29, 2008

RSS

About

© 2021   Created by Matthew Wright.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service