Research and Media Network

Bringing people together to improve communication of research findings

Science journalism (34)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Biodiversity and the media

As 190 nations prepare to meet in Germany next week for the Conference of Parties to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity, the Interna…

Started by MikeShanahan

0 May 15, 2008

Mass Media and Sustainable Development

Dear Friends, I strongly believe that environmental degradation is not a problem cause by environment it self, it’s actually a problem of…

Started by Ronny H. Mustamu

12 May 5, 2008
Reply by sureshkumar.s

www.bamako2008.org

This thread, posted yesterday, is taken from: Discussion List on Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) for Development in Africa (sti4d-…

Started by Jessica White

0 Apr 1, 2008

Death of two tigers: Immature science in immature hands?

A leading daily newspaper published report about the death of two Bengal tigers (panthera tigris tigris) in Sundarban mangrove during resea…

Started by faithnic

1 Mar 30, 2008
Reply by Mikey Leung

Second National Science Writers & Journalists Conference

Bangladesh Science Writers & Journalists Forum (BSWJF), member of the World Federation of Science Journalists will hold "Second Nationa…

Started by Saadi, Mir Lutful Kabir

0 Mar 22, 2008

Experience covering Lyme?

Hi, Does anyone have any experience reporting on Lyme disease? I would be keen also to hear from anyone who has been involved in media cov…

Started by Jessica White

2 Mar 17, 2008
Reply by Jessica White

Global Warming and the Sunderbans

This article of mine has just appeared in one of the major national Indian newspapers. I would like members of the network to please commen…

Started by Rina Mukherji

1 Feb 24, 2008
Reply by Dr.Arvind Mishra

Blogs and websites :The merging boundaries !

Presently a very interesting discussion is underway in a national workshop on 'science communication and role of media' [5-8th Dec] in Bena…

Started by Dr.Arvind Mishra

3 Jan 20, 2008
Reply by Dr.Arvind Mishra

Climate change and the media - how is it where you are?

The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) has published a 4-page briefing paper on climate change and the media. I…

Started by MikeShanahan

0 Dec 3, 2007

How to avoid working for not serious organisations: a bad experience with the magasine Seed

Hi! I think that it was a great idea of Mike to create this network! It can be very useful for sharing ideas and experiences. One idea that…

Started by Luisa Massarani

8 Oct 17, 2007
Reply by Waweru Mugo

RSS

About

© 2021   Created by Matthew Wright.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service